Sunday, April 17, 2011

Menu Sunday

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week:

Mon: Quick Crab Cakes
        I've gotten into planning my meals around what's on sale at the grocery store (nerd alert!).  Crab happened to be on sale, therefore we'll be having these easy crab cakes.  I'll be serving this with some mixed greens that we need to eat before they go bad.

Tues: Mexican Tortilla Lasagna
        Since ground turkey was on sale, I'll be using that as my base instead of ground beef.  The recipe gives directions for making two (one to freeze), but since our freezer isn't that big and it's already full, I'll be halving the recipe.

Wed: Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
         I love pasta salad (and whole wheat pasta was on sale).  This recipe looks pretty simple and like you could easily add more veggies to it.  Since tomatoes are still super expensive, I won't be adding those, but I may add in some peas instead.

Thurs: Something from the freezer
          I'm off on Friday (woohoo!) so I can already tell that I won't feel like cooking on Thursday night.  Right now we have pinto beans, beef stew and caldo verde in our freezer.  I'm sure we can make a meal out of that.

Fri: Who knows!
       I'm off work (yay!), KB isn't (boo).  I'll probably do some of my Easter cooking on this day.  I'm still not really sure what we're doing, so I can't really plan ahead.

What goodies will you be eating this week?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Mexican tortilla lasagna sounds delicious! I used to have a weight watchers recipe that was similar, but my problem was that I would eat the whole pan and then it was decidedly NOT weight watchers.

    ReplyDelete