Monday, June 27, 2011

Recipe Review: Slow Cooker Whole Wheat Bread

I was a little bored last night and wanted to make some bread for the week.  I didn't get to this point until around 7:30.  By that point it's a little late to wait for everything to rise and then bake it, so I had to get creative.

I have this handy dandy cookbook:

There's lots of weird random stuff that you'd never really think of in here, one of which being slow cooker whole wheat bread.


The recipe was really easy, but the dough was more like a batter.  I had to put everything in a really small pan since it was the only dish that would fit inside of my slow cooker.

Besides those two issues I think it turned out great.  It's definitely a whole wheat bread, so there's not a ton of flavor, but it was quick and I didn't have to worry about letting the yeast rise.





Luckily for you guys, I've found the exact same recipe online.  Happy slow cooking!

2 comments:

  1. My mom just gave me her old slow cooker because I just moved into a new house, and I'm dying to use it! I had no idea you could make BREAD in it... I will have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of bread in a slow cooker. Interesting idea. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete