Sunday, September 4, 2011

Menu Sunday

I'm actually posting a Menu Sunday post on a Sunday!

Mon: Garlic Basil Meatball Subs

For some reason I've been really craving meatball subs, so when I saw this Prevention recipe for them I decided to take the plunge.  I'll be using some ground turkey and low sodium marinara sauce to try to make it a little healthier.

Tues: Portobello Burgers
Portobello tops were on sale at the grocery store this week, so I decided to try out some portobello burgers.  I've never made them before, but I had them last week for lunch in a restaurant near where I work and they were delicious.  I'm hoping KB will like them and maybe won't be so bitter that we're having 2 meatless meals this week.

Wed: Pizza
          No fun pictures.  We're using up the leftover stuff from the cauliflower pizza last week, but this time with prepared pizza dough.  I can't be healthy and resourceful all the time.

Thurs: Leftovers/using up stuff in the fridge
          We will be out of the country next week so we're going to clean out the fridge before we leave.  I'll probably eat some sort of fruit/yogurt combo while KB will probably eat one of his 9,000 frozen pizzas in the freezer.

What goodies are you eating this week?

5 comments:

  1. mmmm i love mushroom burgers. i suggest marinating them a bit before grilling though to give them more flavor.

    kk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were the meatballs? (what an odd question) I've been thinking about making some, but the last I made were not that good - they were mushy or something. (I have texture issues!) So, looking for a new recipe.
    P.S. I LOVE my crockpot :D

    ReplyDelete