Monday, October 15, 2012

Menu Monday

It was a busy weekend around the Brown household (post to come), but I still got some menu planning done.

Here's what we'll be eating this week...

Mon: French Onion Pasta



I love all things French Onion. The soup is awesome. I made a casserole that was really good. The grilled cheese version is super good. It's all amazing. I'm sure the pasta version will be too. I'm going to double the amount of onions used, because I love carmelized onions.

Tues: Orchard Turkey Burgers



I got a ton of comments on this pin from my Pinteresting Wednesday post, so I decided to try it out. I really like turkey burgers (probably better than beef burgers). They are lighter and most of the time a lot more flavorful (to me). KB is of course a fan of the red meat, but he's going to deal. I also got some really good apple cheddar cheese for these. I'm not a huge brie fan, but I thought the apple cheddar would go pretty good as well. We're going to have them with a side of vegetable chips.

Wed: Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls



I love all things buffalo chicken (as well as French Onion, but probably not together). I couldn't find pizza dough at the Aldi and I'm not crafty enough to make my own during the week, so I'm going to substitute biscuit dough. I'm planning on making little biscuit pockets with the spicy chicken inside of them. There is a high potential for it to be a complete disaster.....but at least a buffalo chicken flavored one.

Thurs: Vietnamese Beef Soup


I've had this recipe pinned for a really long time, but just never thought to make it. It's supposed to be a little chilly here later this week, so I thought soup might be a good idea. This one is mostly just broth with some noodles and shredded roast beef in it. I really like pho, so I think this is supposed to be an Americanized version of it. It looks really simple. I'll probably cook it in the crock pot so KB can have it when he gets home. I'm going to be at some party with my parents on Thursday night. Fun times.

Bonus Time:

Spicy Apple Butter



This is cooking as we speak. I tried to make apple butter last year and it was a disaster. It burned in the crock pot (I didn't even know that was possible) and it took me a good 2 days t get it unstuck. I'm cooking this batch today with a little bit more water and on a much lower temperature. Hopefully when I get home I have delicious apple butter and not a burnt mess.

What goodies will you be cooking this week???

6 comments:

  1. Pretty sure even a buffalo chicken disaster would be good with biscuit dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know about the apple butter. That sounds interesting! I am repinning all of these recipes. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great week of meals you have lined up rachel!! ill have to try some of these recipes they look good. where do you find the majority of the recipes you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of these look fantastic! i want to try all of them, esp the buffalo chicken and the vietnamese soup. yummmmz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you had me at french onion pasta. yum!

    ReplyDelete