Thursday, October 25, 2012

Random Facts

Clarinda nominated me for a Liebster award.

So here's a little bit about me...

1. Why did you start blogging?

I mainly started because I was creeping on other people's and it felt weird sometimes. I started one mostly so I could comment, but then I thought "if random person can write about what she ate for dinner, so can I!".

2. Why did you choose this name for your blog?

My last name is Brown (and it had recently become so when I started this blog) and I grew up on a farm. It was fun and it rhymed.

3. If money were no object, where would you live and why?

I genuinely really like where we live. We live in Western NC. It's pretty, the weather is nice (most of the time) and both mine and KB's families are here. That being said, I wouldn't mind having some vacation properties in South America, a lodge in Montana or Canada and in Europe. A girl can dream right?

4. When you meet someone for the first time, what's the first thing you want to know about him/her?

I like to know where someone is from and where they grew up. I get asked this a lot at work because I'm one of the few people that has a Southern accent. It tells you a lot about somebody by knowing where they grew up.

5. What's the most unique thing about you?

Ummmm I don't really feel like I have that many unique things. I have really long toes (like really long). Some of them are as long as my fingers. It's kind of gross.

6. What inspires you?

Right now I'm trying to get fit, so I'm inspired by a lot of weight loss blogs and Pins. It's really motivated me so far to go online and see people who have lost a lot more weight than I want to (or need to).

7. What's your favorite dish (to eat or prepare)?

My favorite dish to each (but definitely not prepare) is country ham. It's so salty (and really bad for you) and so good. I don't eat it that often, but on a biscuit it is seriously heaven.

8. Describe your ideal weekend.

My ideal weekend sounds a lot like the one coming up. I'm going to stay at home and get my yard ready for winter by cleaning out some flower beds and moving some plants inside. I'm going to make some really good deer stew and probably some bread. On Sunday it's supposed to be cold, so we'll probably just stay inside and lay around all day. We've been gone the last few weekends, so this one will be great.

9. What did you want to be when you grew up and how does it compare to what you do now?

For a long time I really wanted to be a veterinarian I really liked animals and I thought it would be super neat.  When I got older and wiser I realized that you had to know a lot of science and chemistry and I was just too lazy for that. Now I work in marketing for large pharmaceutical companies. It's definitely not what I saw myself doing for the rest of my life, but for now it's pretty fun and I've learned a lot about that industry.

10. What is your dream career?

I honestly have no idea. I'd really like to be able to stay at home and raise some goats and chickens and dogs. I'd like to have a big garden and just can stuff all day long and make good food. That's not really a job, but more of a lifestyle I guess

11. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist to dance to?

One of my favorite songs is "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones. The words and music are really pretty. It's not a really good song to dance to though. For dancing, I move it a lot to 80s hair metal. I love me some hair bands.

I'm terrible at nominating people for things, so I'm going to be lazy and tag anyone that wants to say a lil something about themselves.

7 comments:

  1. I love country ham and wild horses! It is a good song to wake up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm country ham makes me happy too. I knew I liked you for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even heard of country ham.... must be more of a southern thing and not something we see in the north. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award!
    Long toes meet extremely short toes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally started blogging for the same reason! Check out my blog tomorrow for a little shoutout...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the song Wild Horses too. As soon as I hear the title I hear the chorus in my head. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete