Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Auld Lang Syne

2012 was a pretty good year I guess.  We bought our house.  We moved in.  We did lots of work.   2013 will probably be pretty similar.

I try not to make resolutions because I don't ever keep them, but more like goals.

This year my goals are:

Work out in the mornings.  I just bought this bad boy yesterday so hopefully that will motivate me.  I'm planning on getting up 30 minutes earlier every day to use it.



Stop spending so much money.  To most people I'm a really frugal person, but I think I spend too much money on useless things that I don't necessarily need.  I've been taking lots of stuff to the Goodwill recently and every time I take a load I stop in to see what I can find.  I've gotten all kinds of "new" clothes and things for the house and what not, but over long term that stuff adds up.  My goal is to try to spend no more than $50 per month on random things that we don't need (clothes, house stuff, coffee, etc).

Take my dogs for more walks.  When the weather is nice and it's not dark when we get home I almost always take the dogs for a walk.  Those days only comprise about 1 month out of the year though.  When it gets too hot Rosa can't walk because she gets overheated, when it gets too cold Pancho can't walk because he gets too cold, and when it's winter they can't walk because it's dark when we get home.  I'm going to make more of an effort to take them out in the mornings and on the weekends in the winter.  Rosie is getting quite a little pudge that needs to be worked off!

Hopefully I can keep these up!

No comments:

Post a Comment