Sunday, December 19, 2010

Menu Sunday

This week's menu is tres boring. Last week was a really crazy work week for me, so I ended up not cooking for most of it.

Mon: Chicken and Rice from two weeks ago
          I'm a lamo.

Tues: Cauliflower stew stuff from last week
           Even bigger lamo.

Wed: My lovely little African friend K.Pool is coming home from the Peace Corps! KB will be fending for       himself this night because I will be with some lovely ladies I haven't seen in too long.

Bonus Recipes: We're chock full of bonus recipes this week...

Fruitcake Bars
My dad is a big fan of fruitcake.  I don't think anyone else in the world is.  These bars promise to be like a more refined version of the nasty candied, jellied fruitcakes.

French Chocolate Bark
Ina is my homegirl.  I made this last year and it was delicious.  I'm using dark chocolate, dried cranberries, dried apricots, and cashews.

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
I'll also be doing a layer of white chocolate as well.  KB is a big peppermint bark fan and has been bugging me about it for a while.

Cocoa Blocks
These are for my coworkers and I'm a little nervous.  The recipe calls for heavy cream, but our podunk grocery store only carries whipping cream.  We'll see how they turn out.

I'm also on the lookout for a good adult bev for my parent's christmas.  We have a ton of random, half empty bottles of weird liquor and I'd like to use those up, but so far I haven't really found anything.  Can you make anything with coconut vodka, peppermint schnapps, dark rum or sweet tea vodka?

No comments:

Post a Comment