Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Workout Review: The Firm 500 Calorie Workout

All I can say is one word:  woah.  This lady, this workout, this music is all insane.  The entire workout is about 55 minutes, split up into alternating 5-10 minute strength and cardio sessions.

The lady is a little scary.  At one point I was pretty sure she was going to come out through the TV and get me because I wasn't "plio-ing" hard enough.  Even though she screams a lot and talks really fast, it is kinda motivating....or scary, take your pick.

The workouts themselves are intense.  There is a "beginner" level, but the lady doing the beginner exercises looked so dumb and out of it, so I didn't do them.  The cardio sessions move really quickly and sometimes it's hard to keep up.  The music is also super fast.  I felt like I was at some kind of exercise rave.  I even noticed some of the back-up exercisers (what do you call these people anyway) were losing track of things.

Overall, this will kick your butt.  I don't doubt for a minute that this burns 500+ calories. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally need this! I could use a good butt kicking to whip me back into the workout routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends from college had this recently and thought she was doing good I think danced her way through it and didnt break a sweat ha. Good to know it actually does kick your booty. I`ll look into it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete