Sunday, February 6, 2011

Menu Sunday...

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week.  Stay tuned for a recipe review on one of these recipes later this week!

Mon: Lemon Chicken Recipe from last week
         I ended up working late (again) on Thursday, so I didn't fix anything.

Tues: Italian Lentil and Vegetable Stew
         I'm mainly making this to use up some marinara sauce I had to buy for a recipe last week, but it's also a slow cooker recipe and pretty healthy.  Lentils are a great source of fiber and vitamins and I think the butternut squash will be interesting.

Wed: Pita Panini
        I actually won't be using pitas, but everything bagel thins.  I couldn't find pitas in the podunk grocery store, but I think the bagels will work well too.

Thurs: Pizza
          I have a leftover pizza crust from a recipe I made a few weeks ago and a ton of mozzarella cheese (I'm not even sure where it all came from).  Pizzas are easy and KB will definitely eat them.

Fri: Food on the Road!
       We're going to visit some college friends in Chapel Hill this weekend, so we'll be on the road Friday night.  KB always wants to stop at Shake and Steak....but I'm a little weirded out.

Extras:  Hot Chocolate Cake
             I made this last night and it is really rich!  It was all I could do to eat just a little bit.  I ended up putting some peppermint extract into the batter and it gave a nice minty tingle.

Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
          I'm making these today for KB's mom's Super Bowl party.  They look pretty easy and you can't really go wrong with crescent rolls and ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment