Sunday, February 20, 2011

Menu Sunday

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week:

Mon: Southwestern Chicken Scalloppini from last week.
           I had a headache on Thursday night and didn't feel like cooking, so we'll be having this recipe tomorrow.

Tues:  Slow-Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket
        We had BBQ at my parent's house last night and it was super tasty.  I already had this meal planned before then, but I don't mind to eat it again.  I will be using a Boston Butt instead of a brisket though since they were on sale at the grocery store.

Wed:  Sausage and Kale Soup
           This soup looks like it should've cooked all day, but it really only needs about 30 minutes.  I'll be using smoked ham instead of sausage since I had some left over from another recipe.  I also found kale in our podunk grocery store...score!

Thurs:  Thai Peanut Noodles
           I had all of the ingredients on hand for this recipe and it looks pretty interesting.  This is our meat free meal this week, but I hope the richness of the peanut butter will make it pretty hefty.  I'm a little scared since the only peanut butter I have is organic and has no sugar.  I may have to add some honey to give it some flavor.

Fri:  Crescent Pizza Pockets
          Everything in this meal is leftover from another meal...yay for being cheap!  I had leftover crescent rolls, pepperonis and pizza sauce....done!

Next week get ready for super special recipe post with a recap of KB's birthday dinner.  Anyone have any good yellow cake recipes?  For his birthday cake he wants yellow cake with chocolate icing, but I'd like to dress it up a little bit.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna do the crescent rolls pizza! Those look really good, you will have to tell us how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with kale! They only seem to sell it in 4lb bags in my grocery store so I eat it every day. If you toss it with some olive oil, then sprinkle it with seasoned salt & bake at about 350 for 15 minutes, its delicious!

    ReplyDelete