Friday, February 18, 2011

Because I'm Glamorous....

Or so I like to think so!

The lovely DSS tagged me to do Vanity Fair's Proust Questionnaire.  I hate to say that I'm not a huge Vanity Fair reader, but I like to think I'm as glamorous as the famous people that get asked these questions!

What is your idea of perfect happiness? 
Being in a really warm, really snuggly, really comfy bed surrounded by good magazines, my puppies and KB of course.  For some reason a warm bed is the best feeling in the world to me.  It's so comforting and safe feeling.

What is your greatest fear?
Tragically losing someone that I love.  I've never really had to deal with the loss of a person that is really close to me.  I pretty much still have all of my close grandparents, my parents, my sisters, my extended family, my friends.  I'm not too sure how I would take losing someone really close to me and I think it would only be worse if I lost them unexpectedly.  I'm not too sure how I would handle it, because I've never had to.

Which figures do you most identify with?
I'm pretty nerdy, so I definitely identify with the nerd herd.  I always made good grades and being smart was (and still is) really important to me.  It always bothers me when I see women dumbing themselves down and I think nerdy girls are just ahead of the trend.  I'd like to think that I've grown up from a nerdy girl to a smart confident young woman (phmph yeah!).

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I'm terrible at getting back to people on a social level.  At work I am on top of emails, voicemails, memos, etc, but I can't return a call, Facebook post or email to save my life.  When I get home from work I just kinda check out.  I wish I could be better about putting the same vigor into my personal life that I do in my work life.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Not wanting to learn.  It frustrates me to no end when people have no desire to learn anything new or better.  I think this is the main reason why I would fail big time if I was ever a teacher.  It just makes me so mad when people don't care about learning new things that they should know.

What do you most value in your friends?
I value their differences the most.  To give an example, this weekend when I overdid it on the margaritas at dinner, one friend was yelling at me to shake it off and get ready for a crazy night out, while the other was playing with my hair and telling me that it was ok to not feel good and to not listen to the other one.  I love that they are all different and I wouldn't trade their differences for anything.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
BTW.  Peace out.  Jamming.

What is your favorite journey?
It sounds cheesy, but my favorite journeys always involve KB.  He always makes things like long car rides fun by doing weird things or playing weird games.  Don't get me wrong, I hate being lost and he actually likes it, so sometimes we do get into our little fights about it.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
I guess all virtues are good, but I guess the most overrated would be courage.  I, sadly, cannot say that I am very courageous, so maybe that's why I don't see the big deal about it.  I know that at some point someone has to be courageous, I just hope it doesn't have to be me.

What is your favorite occupation?
I like my occupation pretty good (project manager), but I'm not sure if it's my favorite.  I always thought my dad's occupation was pretty good (he's a dairy farmer).  I guess I haven't had too many occupations to know what my favorite is.

 What do you dislike most about your appearance?
I have very flabby arms.  No matter what exercise I do they remain flabby.  I know they really aren't that big of a deal, but for me that's pretty much all I see.

What is your greatest regret?
My greatest regret was taking a terrible terrible job right out of college just because it was a job.  It sounded really good, but ended up being terrible.  I wasted my time and wasted my skills in a job that was pretty much thankless, just so I could say I had a job.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My darling KB!  We first met in 7th grade math, were voted most studious in 9th grade, worked together in high school, were voted students of the week together and were basically the same person in high school.  I actually dated one of KB's friends in high school and we didn't start dating until college, but I always thought it was really sweet that KB remembered little things about me in high school like where I sat in classes, who I ate lunch with and what dresses I wore to prom.....even though he was just watching and waiting.

When and where were you happiest?
While I've had lots of happy happy days one of the most vivid was the first day I moved into my dorm my freshman year.  I had just broken up with my high school boyfriend, I was in a new place, I was on my own and I loved it.  It took forever for my parents to leave and that night I was so giddy I could hardly sleep.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would like to be more outgoing and sociable.  I'm generally a homebody and I don't really care to spend time alone or just stay at my house on a weekend.  When I do actually go out, I like it and think to myself that I need to do it more often.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting through school with no debt!  This probably shouldn't be my achievement (even though I did get quite a few scholarships) but really my parents.  It still amazes me how many people amass huge amounts of student loans and I am so thankful that my parents and myself did everything it took to get me through school without debt.  I guess all those breaks spend working while everyone else went on vacation were worth it! 

What is your most treasured possession?
Rosie and Pancho.  If my house got broken into they are the first things and the only things I would really care about if they were missing.  They are my children and I treat them better than some I'm sure.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
 I'm not even sure I know what this question means.  I'm going to pass on this one (I don't know if that's allowed in Vanity Fair).

Where would you like to live?
I like where I live now.  It's close to mine and KB's families.  It's moutainous.  It's got good weather (except when it snows a ton).  The people are nice.  WNC rocks!

What is your most marked characteristic?
Most people remember me because of my hair.  I used to have really long, really straight, really dark hair.  It's not quite so long anymore (even though I wish it would get back there). 

What is your greatest extravagance?
I don't have the many extravagances.  I like to get my nails done, which is pretty much a frivolous expense, but I like it!

What are the qualities you most like in a man?
Sense of humor, quiet, likes being outside, good with dogs and animals, tall.

Who are your favorite writers?
I like a lot of writers, but it's pretty hard to name a flat out favorite.  I like Tim O'Brien alot.  I'm not a big war story fan, but his stories are always really moving.  I'm also a pretty big Gabriel Garcia Marquez fan.  Everything he writes is so colorful and real.

 How would you like to die?
Peacefully after living a long happy life.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Once again, I have lots of favorite heroes of fiction, but it's hard to name a favorite.  I always though the Lorax was a really neat little guy.  He stood up for the Trufula trees when no one else would.

Who are your heroes in real life?
My heroes are people in my family.  They show me that you don't need much to be happy but each other.

What is your motto?
"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one" - from the fabulous Dolly Parton (another one of my real life heroes)


I'm tagging some of my favorite followers:


Skinny
Reed
Diana
Mo'Betta

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, flossy flossy!

    I love surveys, I will get on this later in the week.

    ReplyDelete