Sunday, March 6, 2011

Menu Sunday

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week:

Mon:  Soup and Grilled Cheese
          It's supposed to be rainy and nasty all day today and early tomorrow, so soup and grilled cheese sounds good.  I also got the soup for FREE!  The podunk grocery store had a promo that if you bought Progresso soup and their version you got both for free.

Tues: Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken and Biscuits
         I love chicken pot pie, but it takes forever to make.  This slow-cooker version seems really simple.  All you have to do is combine your ingredients and put some frozen biscuits on top....voila!

Wed: Asian Style Pork Chops
         For the Love of Cooking always has good recipes and pork chops just happened to be on sale this week.  I also ended up having everything to make the marinade on hand, so all I had to buy was the meat.

Thurs: Lamb, Balsamic and Sun Dried Tomato Meat Loaf
          I love meat loaf, but KB is not a big fan.  He refuses to eat meat loaf with any type of sauce on it, so I'm constantly on the lookout for sauce free meat loaves.  I saw this in my Woman's Day for this month and knew it would be so delicious.  I will be using ground turkey instead of lamb, but I think the balsamic and the sun dried tomatoes will be the stars of the show, so it shouldn't matter too much.

Fri: Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
      I love chicken salad and this recipe looks pretty simple.  Instead of the sour cream I will be substituting plain greek yogurt to give it an extra protein kick.  KB has also requested that this be made with tuna instead of chicken....I'm not so sure about that one.

Extra: KB's mom's Grape Salad
          I made this last night and it was so delicious.  Apparently this is a really common dish, but I had never heard of it or had it until last weekend.  I found the recipe on Taste of Home's website.  I substituted plain greek yogurt for sour cream, used splenda instead of sugar and used low fat cream cheese.  I'm telling myself that it's ok to eat almost the whole bowl full!

What goodies will you be eating this week?

2 comments:

  1. yummm Tarragon Chicken Salad! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum I would like to eat at your house this week!

    ReplyDelete