Sunday, March 13, 2011

Menu Sunday

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week:

Mon: Tuna Noodle Casse-Bowl
        KB loves tuna.  We never really ate fish growing up, so I'm having to learn how to deal with it.  The Hungry Girl always has some really quick, easy and healthy recipes.  I couldn't find the shiritake noodles in our podunk grocery store (surprise, surprise), so I'll be using whole wheat elbow macaroni.

Tues: Mom's Frittata
         I love frittatas.  They are easy and cheap.  I'll be making the Spinach and Swiss version of this recipe.  I'm going to be substituting kale instead of spinach since I had to buy it for another recipe.

Wed: Orecchiette-alla-Rustica
         I can hardly pronounce this one, but the recipe looks pretty easy.  This will be our meatless meal for the week.  Since I couldn't find the orecchiette, I'm going to use the rest of the whole wheat elbows.  I'm not a huge olive fan, but kalamata olives are not nearly as gross as normal olives, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Thurs: Winter Lentil Soup
         Even though it's not supposed to really feel like winter here next week, I had almost all the ingredients to make this on hand.  This looks like it would be a good recipe to use up any leftover dried beans or veggies that you have laying around.  I'm going to try to adapt this into a slow cooker recipe and up the water/stock so hopefully it won't be too dry.

Fri: Pizza, sandwiches....something I don't have to cook.
       I'm taking the day off.....kitchen's closed!

What goodies will you be eating this week?

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn about to make a frittata! They look delicious and easy!

    ReplyDelete