Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Menu Sunday (on a Tuesday)

Due to Easter overload, this week's Menu Sunday post was pushed back to be a Menu Tuesday.  This is a pretty boring menu post, but not every week can be a complete culinary delight!

Mon: Creamy Low Cal Pasta Salad from last week
          We had this last night and it was pretty good.  The dressing was really good and was made with Greek yogurt, so it had a protein boost, but wasn't too fatty.  We took the leftovers for lunch today.  The noodles were a little dry the second day.

Tues: Something from the freezer
          We have lots of random things just hanging out in our freezer.  Tonight's freezer offering was pinto beans.  I cooked them with lots of peppers and they were really spicy, but they froze and reheated nicely.  Yay for easy dinners!

Wed: Cajun Chicken Gumbo
          Everyone knows I love my crock pot, but this recipe looks bangin'.  I haven't had gumbo in a really long time and this recipe looks delicioso.  I forgot to get a bell pepper at the grocery store last week, so I'll be making mine without peppers.

Thurs: Cheddar Rolls
           I feel sort of lame even putting this on here (and even lamer linking a recipe!).  I love Parker House rolls and they happened to be on sale at the grocery store.  We'll be having grilled cheese sandwiches on rolls with some soup......from the freezer.

Fri:  Something!
       I'm not really sure what we're doing on Friday, but I do know that I won't be cooking dinner.

What goodies are you eating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Seriously every week you have some amazing food. I really need to start making menus.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, that cajun chicken gumbo does indeed sound delicioso.

    ReplyDelete