Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Monday

I've really been slacking in the menu department!  For the second week in a row, here's a menu Sunday post....not on a Sunday.

Mon: Pasta with Bacon and Cauliflower
        This sounds weird and it probably is.  I'm cooking it now and our house is definitely smelling a little funky.  I love cauliflower and I had bacon leftover from last week......this was the best I could come up with!

Tues: Slow Cooker Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Garlicky Tomatoes
         This recipe reminds me of the really good polish sausages that you get at the State Fair.  The ones with all the peppers and onions.  I got these really good hoagie rolls to eat this on and I'm already excited.

Wed: Crab Soup
        I have leftover crab from a recipe last week, so I need to use it up.  This recipe is out of my slow cooker cookbook.  I've never had crab soup like this before.  It has a tomato base instead of a cream base.  We'll see how it goes!


Thurs: Something from the freezer
          We're still eating out of the freezer.  I'm thinking we'll probably have For The Love of Cooking's beef stew that I made a while back.  We still have a ton left and I need room in my freezer for all the random produce that's going to start showing up soon.

Fri:  Something I don't cook!
       I'm really getting into this whole "not cook on a Friday" thing.  I'm not sure what we're going to be doing, but I know it won't involve me cooking.

What goodies will you be eating this week???

1 comment:

  1. I need to be more committed like you! I suck at making dinner each night or even coming up with creative dinners! The pasta dinner sounds good!

    ReplyDelete