Sunday, June 5, 2011

Menu Sunday

It's been a while since I've done a Menu Sunday post.  I've mostly been cooking easy stuff (ie hotdogs, frozen pizzas, etc) and haven't really been on the cooking bandwagon recently.  I finally have a week where I don't have lots of stuff going on to compromise my cooking skills.  This is what the Browns will be eating this week (with pictures!)

Mon: Salsa Chiken and Black Bean Soup

A Year of Slow Cooking is one of my favorite blogs.  This recipe looks super simple and I can't wait to try it out.

Tues: Curried Eggplant with Tomatoes and Basil

It's been a while since I've had eggplant.  The last time I had it I wasn't a big fan, but they were on sale at the grocery store this week, so I decided to give it a try.

Wed: Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry-Chipotle Glaze


I'll actually be making quite a few substitutions to this recipe.  The podunk grocery store was out of raspberry preserves, so I'll be using red currant (why they had this and not raspberry who knows!).  Pork chops were also on sale, so we'll be using those instead.

Thurs: Monte Cristo Sandwiches

These look very easy and very tasty.  By the time Thursday rolls around I'll probably be needing something easy.  I'm also a huge sandwich fan, so these have an automatic A+ in my book.

Fri:  Something I don't cook!
       I'll probably have a wild night.......coming home and passing out on the couch while watching something terrible like "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding".

1 comment:

  1. I love Year of Slow Cooking too! Nothing better than coming home to dinner in the slow cooker, it makes it feel like I did no work. Also, I need a report on "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" - I saw the previews and I was like gypsies, wha? I always pictured them as people who wore head scarves and stole your horses on the highway. Wasn't aware there was a big class of them now and they have huge weddings?

    ReplyDelete