Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recipe Review: Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

It's no secret that I love my Crock Pot.  I'm using it 3 times this week alone.

I'm never really sure what to do with butternut squash, but it was on sale this week so I decided to give it a try.

This recipe was really easy and really delicious.  The soup is creamy, but it just has the vegetables (no butter and no cream).  It's also easy to make in the Crock Pot.  Sometimes these recipes make me mad when it only has to cook for 1 or 2 hours.  I'm not home during the day to do that and I don't have a programmable pot (ha ha).

It looks a little like baby food, but tastes like fall in a bowl.  Lots of cinnamon, lots of apples and lots of squash....yummy.

2 comments:

  1. love butternut squash at first i wrote butternush, haha oops!! gonna make this soup this winter thanks for the recipe rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never know how to pronounce gyro. LIke the real way or the ignorant American way.

    ReplyDelete