Sunday, January 29, 2012

Menu Sunday

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week....

Mon:  Huevos Rancheros




We're in the beginning phases of buying a home (a whole other post to come!) so we're trying to save as much money as we can right now.  Because of this, we're seriously cutting down our grocery bills and trying to eat what we have in the freezer.  Eggs were on sale and I already had some black beans and tortillas.  I actually really like huevos rancheros so this isn't that big of a sacrifice for me.

Tues: Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken


We have a ton of frozen chicken so I'm trying to find recipes to use it up.  We also seem to have a weird assortment of half used BBQ sauces.  It could be a little weird with combining them all, but I figure BBQ sauce is generally the same....it can't be that bad.....can it?

Wed: Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup


This is another cheap meal since I already had some of this stuff for the huevos rancheros.  I'll also be using up some more of the frozen chicken.  I'll probably add in some black beans and salsa just to give a bit more umph.

Thurs: Tuna Cakes with Red Pepper Sauce






KB eats a lot of tuna....a lot, so we end up buying it in bulk at Sams because it is a lot cheaper.  These look pretty easy and tasty.  I'll probably serve these with some pasta salad or some type of 3 bean salad.  We'll see.

What goodies will you be eating this week???

No comments:

Post a Comment