Sunday, February 5, 2012

Menu Sunday

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week.  This is definitely not one of our healthiest menus, but whatever.

Mon: Pizza
       I have amassed a large amount of Pillsbury pizza dough that I have to do something with.  I have a dentist appointment on Monday too so I won't really be home in time to cook since my dentist is almost 2 hours away (it's a long story).  This is easy and I won't have to think about it.

Tues:  Slow Cooker Garlicky Onions, Sausage and Peppers


I normally try not to repeat recipes and always cook something different, but Italian sausages were majorly on sale and I had a coupon, so in the interest of saving money I am.  I'm pretty sure KB won't notice and he liked it the last time we had it.

Wed: Ham and Swiss Hand Pies


I have also amassed a large amount of Grands biscuits that I always seem to forget about.  I love all sorts of melty, pockety sandwiches so I'm excited about these.  It's like a really good Hot Pocket.  I was just thinking about Hot Pockets the other day.  They were the bomb.  I'm not sure why I stopped eating them.....maybe all the trans fats and hydrogenated oils.

Thurs: Asian Pasta Salad


I love cold noodle salads and this one looks delish.  KB will probably add in some tuna or chicken, but I'll probably eat it as is.  My green onions that I was growing in my kitchen got some sort of root rot so I had to throw them out, but I got a fresh bunch on sale at the store and I plan on starting up the growing again.

Bonus Recipe: Fruit Kebabs

So you don't really need a recipe for these because they are super simple.  I'm going to be making these for our Super Bowl party tonight.  KB's mom always throws a huge Super Bowl party and there is always so much food that desserts never really get eaten.  I think these will be light enough that hopefully someone will eat them (I know I'm going to eat at least one!).  Mine will have strawberries, mangoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew melon and bananas.  I'm thinking about possibly making some fruit dip too but I'm not sure.

What goodies will you be eating this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm making the asian salad this week too!! (that's the plan anyway) Along with some Hibachi Soup. I'm excited, but will probably have to prepare some chicken nuggets for the kids, or those ham & cheese pockets...which my kids love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of making a cold noodle dish this week too! Great minds...

    KK

    ReplyDelete