Thursday, June 7, 2012

Furniture Findings

Come Saturday this little baby will be mine.  We're buying it off of a guy that told KB "I can't talk long, I don't have my teeth in".


I'm hoping I can turn it into something beautiful that looks a little like this (without the baby accessories)...



A friend of mine gave me the best idea to do some creative things with lace. I'm planning on doing a light gold and cream combo or a light blue and cream combo. Right now I'm leaning more towards the light gold. I'm also planning on putting small round knobs on the little drawers and some more scrolly ones on the big drawers.

We're also getting a big wooden desk on Saturday.  Apparently KB's dad got it when the old police department was cleaned out.  I'm hoping it's nice old wood with good character.  It will probably be weird nasty wood with all kinds of convict germs.

Here's to adventures in furniture restoration!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with it! So fun!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is hilarious! Good luck with the restoration. Hope it turns out better than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, convict germs.(ewww) I have a dresser that I am tempted to try to restore. I've seen all kinds of things on Pinterest....but I'm very limited in the furniture restoration department.

    ReplyDelete