Thursday, September 6, 2012

Around the Kitchen

I finally got a chance to do some random things around the kitchen this weekend.

My mom gave me a bunch of basil, so I froze it.  I looked around for a few different methods and ended up chopping it and freezing it.

So far it seems to be okay, but I haven't used it yet.


My basil and a HUGE cucumber my grandma gave me.


My chopped up basil waiting to go in the freezer.

I also made some marinated cucumbers.  They are kinda like pickles, but not as pickled.  You just cut up a cucumber, add some dill and apple cider vinegar and water.


I 'burped' the cucumber first.  You cut off the end that the stem was attached to and then rub it in a circular motion.  All of this white gunk will come out and supposedly it makes the cucumber taste sweeter and you won't burp it up later.  I'm not sure if it's just subconscious or what, but KB's grandparents swear by it.



1 comment: