Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Monday

It's a normal week - yay!  I hate the limbo between Christmas and New Year's.  It's weird.  I still have to work and the rest of the world doesn't.  There's stuff all over my house.  We end up eating chips and salsa for dinner.  It's generally just a weird time for everyone.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Mon: Sweet Tuna Salad



I'm still on the salad kick. This recipe looks really similar to my regular tuna salad recipe, but I'm going to add in lots of nuts and dried fruit to give it some sweetness and tang. We'll be having this on lots of lettuce and veggies.

Tues: It's my BDay!

I will be giving myself the present of not cooking on my bday and having lots of alcoholic beverages and snacks that someone else has made.

Wed: Spicy Black Bean Burgers and Chips



KB actually really likes black bean burgers, so it's one of the few times that I can pull a fast one on him and make him not even realize that meat is missing. I've made something similar to these before and they were really good. I'm going to leave off the chipotle mayo because I'm not a huge mayo fan.

Thurs: Baked Macaroni with Tomato Sauce and Goat Cheese



Whole wheat pasta was on sale this week, so I thought I'd add in some pasta-y goodness to our menu. I'm going to be subbing in some turnip greens instead of kale because I just froze a bunch, but other than that I'm going to stick to this recipe. It looks delish!

Bonus Time!

I'm also still on my smoothie kick. I've been eating them for breakfast after I workout and I love them. They keep me full and are really convenient for when I'm getting ready in the morning.

Apple Cinnamon Banana Smoothie



Cake Batter Protein Shake




What will you be eating this week???

No comments:

Post a Comment