Monday, March 4, 2013

Menu Monday

I was rushed going to the grocery store again, so this week's menu is kinda thrown together as well.  Last week turned out pretty good though, so maybe my luck will strike twice.

Mon: Egg, Bean and Veggie Wraps

Source: self.com via Rachel on Pinterest


I really like huevos rancheros, so when I saw this wrap that looked like huevos rancheros wrapped up in a tortilla - I was on it. Things like this are so easy to make and most of the time taste really good. I got some peach/mango salsa too, so it will be delicious no matter what. You could put that stuff on anything and make it taste good.

Tues: Ground Sausage and White Bean Chili



It's supposed to snow here on Tuesday and Wednesday (oh joy), so I thought this soup might be good to make on Tuesday night. I got some spicy sausage to give it some kick. I'm most excited about crumbling up my corn bread to put in it.

Wed: Slow Cooker Garlicky Chicken and Rice



I haven't used my slow cooker as much as I normally do now that I'm at home during the day, so I wanted to bust it out this week. I saw this recipe on Prevention (which normally has pretty healthy recipes but sometimes the sodium is astounding) and it looked easy, so why not.

Thurs: Mexican Cole Slaw (recipe on Pin) and Hot Dogs



The people we house sat for gave us some really good mustard the other day, so I want to use it on some really good hotdogs. Slaw is the best thing to put on a hot dog in my opinion. This mexican slaw looks pretty easy and a little different from the normal slaw recipe. I'm hoping it doesn't clash too bad with the mustard we got.

What will you be eating this week???

1 comment: