Monday, March 18, 2013

Menu Monday

Here's what we'll be eating on this week....

Mon: Smothered Chicken with Greens

Source: turvs.net via Rachel on Pinterest


This looks really good and I have some mushrooms that are on their last legs.  We'll be having this with some extra greens from KB's grandparent's house on the side.  I'll probably dress them up with dried cranberries and apple cider vinegar.  Yum yum.

Tues: Corn Cakes with Goat Cheese and Salad



I've had these pinned for a really long time and kind of forget about them. Aldi had goat cheese majorly on sale, so I stocked up. I'm also going to make a salad to go with these with some kind of mustard vinaigrette. Our friends gave us some really good spicy mustard and I can't wait to try it out in this.

Wed: Chicken Fajita Salad



I love salads like this because they are easy and taste way richer than they really are. I'll probably not use the dressing. I made some like this last week and it wasn't very good. I'll probably make some jalapeno ranch (which is totally not cultured or healthy, but whatever).

Thurs: Avocado Egg Salad



I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that KB will not like this dish. He pulled an avocado out of the fridge yesterday and asked me what it was and who was eating them. That would be me. All the time.

Extras!:

Peanut Butter Pie Cookies



Sometimes I eat things and I'm like "I'm really glad I'm not allergic to peanuts...or milk...or gluten..etc. This is one of those things. I made these for a cookout with our neighbors on Saturday and they were really good. I'm pretty sure their kid at about half of them.

Easter Egg Bread



We had another cookout to go to on Sunday afternoon for some friends that have chickens, so I thought it would be fun to make this. It turned out terrible. I'm just not good at baking. It didn't rise hardly at all and is really hard. KB thought it was good though, so he's been eating it for breakfast in the morning. I ended up taking a bottle of wine to the cookout instead. That's probably more fun anyway.

3 comments:

  1. This all looks so good! I don't know if I can make this stuff and have it turn out that good.

    Amy
    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love goat cheese.
    I love love avocado. How funny that he asked you what they were and who was eating them!
    I need those cookies in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love avocado. Like love love it!! My daughter is allergic to peanuts the poor thing, but those peanut butter cookies look crazy good :) I would just have to make them and hide them in a corner so no one gets into them :)

    ReplyDelete