Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Sunday...

Here's what the Browns will be eating this week:

Mon: Spiced Pork Chops with Red Cabbage and Raisins
         I'm off work tomorrow for New Year's (woo hoo), so I thought I'd make something a little special.  I love red cabbage, but KB isn't a big fan.  I'm hoping the raisins will sway him.  He eats copious amounts of raisins and it's just about the nastiest thing ever.

Tues: Chicken and Garden Vegetable Stir Fry
         I'm trying to get us back on the fit train and this recipe looks to be pretty healthy.  I cheated and bought frozen stir fry veggies instead of all the fresh veggies.

Wed: Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
         I love soup, I love a slow cooker.  While this isn't the healthiest recipe on the block, it's easy and KB will love it.

Thurs: Slow Cooker Chicken Posole
          I really like Mexican food, but it's pretty bad for you (no bueno).  This soup has all the flavors of mexican food, but with lots of healthy fresh veggies and not a lot of refritos and cheese.  I picked up some super spicy green enchilada sauce, so hopefully that will give this some kick.

Fri: Carmelized Portobello and Onion Pannini
     Sandwiches are the best and this one looks delicious.  While our podunk grocery store does not sell an extensive amount of exotic cheese like Chaumes, I did score some Amish Havarti.  I'm hoping it will be a close match, but you can't exactly go wrong with caramelized onions and cheese.

Extras:

Noel Spritzer
We actually had this on New Year's Eve and even KB liked it.  He's not a huge fan of white wine, but the cranberry juice and seltzer made it taste more like fizzy alcoholic kool aid.

What goodies will you be eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment