Thursday, January 13, 2011

Workout Review: Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout

Let me just start by saying that I'm not the world's biggest Jillian Michaels/Biggest Loser fan.  She's a little annoying in an "I'm healthier and smarter than you" way and the Biggest Loser seems a little out of touch with the rest of us trying to lose weight AND do something besides sit around the "ranch" all day.

Nevertheless, I do love a good workout and every time I flip the channel to the Biggest Loser they seem to be sweating like crazy, so I thought I'd give this a try. 

First of all, there are a TON of workouts on this DVD.  Each week (there are 6 weeks) has a workout for every day.  So far I've only done a couple, but they are quite a workout.  Each one consists of a 10 minute warm up, 25 minute cardio and strength training, and a 10 minute cool down.  Jillian also seems to be a big fan of intervals.  Both of the workouts I did consisted of cardio intervals with strength training.

Probably the best part of this whole DVD is the fact that you can watch it without having to listen to Jillian Michaels!  I got a little lost just working out with the music, but overall I had a pretty good last chance workout.

Now I have to go stand on my giant scale wearing only bicycle pants and a sports bra.

1 comment:

  1. I love Jillian Michaels. Agree..she can be quite annoying, but her "workouts" via video are the only ones that actually make me sweat! 30 day shred = I couldn't walk for 2 days :)

    ReplyDelete