Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recipe Review: Sausage and Kale Soup

I think this recipe has been my favorite of all the recipes I've reviewed so far.  This was seriously the easiest and best tasting soup that I've had in a while.

 I love leafy greens and the kale in this soup did not dissapoint.  It was really earthy tasting, but also very flavorful due to the stock and garlic.  This soup reminded me of a ham and turnip green soup that my mom would make for us growing up that I absolutely loved.  This recipe is also very healthy....so I didn't feel so bad having 2 or 3 bowls!

The recipe called for turkey sausage, but I used some cubed ham since that's what I had laying around in my fridge.  I also ended up using half chicken stock and half beef broth (plus a little water) since I didn't have the 6 cups of stock that the recipe called for.  I also left off the red pepper flakes since I didn't have any.

Overall, it's a winner dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I love how daring you are! you make such awesome food, what an awesome wife you are!

    ReplyDelete