Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Good Reading

I've gotten quite a few books read these past few months.  I'm trying to get back into reading at night before bed instead of watching television.  Growing up and in high school I read for pleasure (that's a naughty sounding term!) often, but during college I was kind of over reading.  I'm trying to get back in the habit.  A few of my favorites that I've read recently are:

 This book took a while to get started, but once I got into it I couldn't put it down.  I've put the movie version on my Netflix.  It'll be interesting to see if it's as good as the book.
 This was a last resort read.  I didn't make it to the library and the only actual books we have in the house are leftovers from college.  KB (being your average peace, war and defense major) had this on hand and told me that I "probably wouldn't hate it".  It took me a long time to read, but it was a really moving story.
I'm really loving the Hunger Games books right now.  I read the original Hunger Games around Christmas and couldn't wait to read the sequel.  These books go by so fast because they are well written and are a really interesting story.  I'm waiting on the final book to become available at the library.

What good books have read recently?  Are you on GoodReads?  If so, feel free to add me (REBrown).

1 comment:

  1. I actually read Ghost Soldiers on my honeymoon--talk about romantic, haha! It is such a good book, though!

    ReplyDelete