Monday, November 12, 2012

Menu Monday

It's another uneventful menu at the Brown household this week. I was feeling really uninspired when I made my grocery list on Saturday, so our meals are old favorites that I know off the top of my head. I didn't want to think this week.

Mon: French Onion Soup



It's really windy and cold here today (that's the story of almost every Monday for the past month). I love french onion soup - it's one of my favorite soups of all time. I'm also home today because our heat pump decided to freeze over last night. Quality time with repairmen is always the best. I'm going to start it pretty early this afternoon so it has all day to cook.

Tues: Huevos Rancheros



I could eat these everyday for every meal and still be satisfied. They are also super easy and pretty cheap. Win win.

Wed: Twice Baked Potatoes



We still have a ton of potatoes left and I haven't had a baked potato in a really long time. I also have bacon and sour cream leftover from last week, so these will be really good.

Thus: Freezer Food

We still have food that we need to eat.  Every time I think we're going to eat it, someone ends up going out or just making a sandwich.  We're really going to eat it this week - I swear!

Bonus Time!

Kale Salad with Glazed Onions



I saw this randomly in a Good Housekeeping magazine at the doctor's office and thought it would be good for Thanksgiving. My work Thanksgiving is on Thursday, so a test run is in order. If it's all good then I'll be making it for the real Thanksgiving next week.

What will you be eating this week???

2 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that you guys do a work Thanksgiving!
    I loved that French Onion Soup. I need to make huevos rancheros more often.

    ReplyDelete